Sub silentio

domingo, maio 13, 2007

Alfie

«Despite my best efforts, I'm beginning to feel some small cracks in my faux finish.

You know, when I look back on my little life, and all the women I've known... I can't help but think about all that they've done for me and how little I've done for them. How they looked after me, cared for me...
and I repaid them by never returning the favour.

I used to think I had the best end of the deal.

What have I got? Really?
Some money in my pocket. Some nice threads. Fancy car at my disposal. And I'm single. Unattached. Free as a bird.
I don't depend on nobody.
Nobody depends on me.
My life's my own.

But I don't have peace of mind.
And if you don't have that, you've got nothing. So...
So, what's the answer? That's what I keep asking myself.
What's it all about?

You know what I mean?»